Saturday, April 19, 2008

Stones

I went to a play last night called Stones. Actually, it was two one-act plays. I didn't know anything about it before going, just a few lines on a poster about it being about family. So I thought it was about a family named Stone, or something else other than what it turned out to be. The production was very minimalist, but that allowed the power of the performance to be on full display. There are 4 more showings at the Covey Center for the Arts in Provo, UT, so if you find yourself that way tonight or next weekend, check it out. Tickets are normally $10, but I picked up a discount card that'll get you $3 dollars off per ticket.

I didn't know what I was in for at all. If you are looking for something light, this isn't it. There is some humor in it, just enough to make you appreciate that you are watching real people, but the subject matter is very serious. Some of the themes concern death, sacrifice, obedience, love, and family. Not for the faint of heart, but very powerful and touching in turns. I totally recommend anyone in the area to see it. I don't want to say too much about the plot, but it is very rewarding and I am so glad I saw it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.