Thursday, March 25, 2010

Random Occurrence, or Something More?

So I was wasting time today, playing a game on Facebook, when I ended up in a game with someone with a unique (to me anyways) name, the name of someone I knew once. Now I have played this game with many randomly selected players from all over the place, some with names of friends. Yet I never once assumed that they were anyone I actually knew. But because of the uniqueness of the name, I thought I'd try to see if it was the person I knew. This person is Latino and their name really isn't uncommon among Latinos, but it is to me. Well, it turned out to be the person I knew. I had been friends with him at the time that he joined the church. I had heard through mutual friends that he had left the church later on, so I didn't want to bring it up. But when I brought up our mutual friend they said they had to go. Was this a chance encounter, or was it an opening for something more meaningful?

No comments: