Sunday, June 17, 2007

Impressive

The Impressive Clergyman: Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...
[cut to Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik]
The Impressive Clergyman: And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...
[cut to the trio again]
The Impressive Clergyman: So tweasure your wuv.
Prince Humperdinck: Skip to the end.
The Impressive Clergyman: Have you the wing?
[cut to the trio once more]
The Impressive Clergyman: ...and do you,Pwincess Buwwercup...
Prince Humperdinck: Man and wife. Say man and wife.
The Impressive Clergyman: Man an' wife.

It's funny, another friend just got married, and right around my birthday. That makes three now. It seems that of the original UP 11 boys, only the Mallard and I are left standing. The oldest and the youngest of the group. Mallard, I hope you like June weddings, cause that seems to be the trend. Ol' Hungry Eyes is the one outlier of the group getting married in September.

Another year has come and gone, c'est la vie.

8 comments:

Christine said...

I guess that means you two have a year (or just under 2 weeks) to join the crowd.

Cougarg said...

two weeks would be impressive

Unknown said...

Do you actually call him 'Hungry Eyes'? Wow! We gave him a nickname that stuck! That's funny. I'm sure his eyes are much more focused on a single source now. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's 5 years for John and Alison! What have I been doing with my life??

Christine said...

Let's see...India, work, school, India, work, school, India..... I dunno, sounds like a vicious cycle to me! :) I know what you mean though, the last 5 have really flown by.

caron said...

I know I'm late, but happy birthday, cougarg. I hope they were kind to you out there.

As they say, when you get married in June, you will always be a bride. (7 brides for 7 brothers) Maybe that's not a dream come true for most of you....

Cougarg said...

No, I don't think we ever called him "Hungry Eyes" But you know who I was talking about. I like the partial anonymity of this venue, and try to preserve it for others as well. I took my cue from Wood's clan.

Tim said...

Guess a couple of us are missing out on staying anonymous...
It changes a bit if you consider the original fellowship...nine (not just six). (Sorry ladies, this was a males-only association...) Our guitar playing friend and Harry Potter got married a long time ago.
And you'll have to go to the bearded barbarian to find out what he's up to.
Married life is great.
But it's worth the wait to find someone right.