Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Starting Over

I went to my first day of class today! I'm not in any classes that are specific to my program yet, but it is good to be back in class. My first two classes are Computer Fundamentals (mostly Microsoft Office), and Student Success. Neither will be very challenging, which is a good way to ease back into being a student again. I also picked up my brand new MacBook Pro at school. Maybe I should now consolidate all my Apple gear into one entry on my list of favorite toys. I'd like to add camping gear as a favorite toy come warmer weather, but I don't really own any besides a sleeping bag. I need to get in better shape so I can go hiking with friends and not be the last one to the top.

Speaking of which, yesterday the Masked Mallard and I went with Kristicity and her family sledding. We only went to a park in Sandy, but it was lots of fun. There were quite a few people there, which was good so the snow was already packed down. The Mallard has a bunch of sleds that really took advantage of the packed snow. One problem with so many people though was dodging the people coming back up. Some folks didn't seem to understand that they should climb back up the side of the hill rather than come straight back up the middle where everyone else wanted to go down. Oh well. Channel 2 sent a reporter and a camera man to the park while we were there, so if you were watching the local news last night, you may have seen us. Anyways, halfway through I started sucking some major air when climbing back up. I probably could have done a third more runs if I hadn't taken so long to climb up and then rest at the top. But it was a lot of fun, even though I was totally exhausted when we were done.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Fun! I love sledding!

caron said...

Sounds like fun! I was working, so I could not join in the festivities.

Unknown said...

It would have been fun to have you both! Maybe some other weekend, I'm sure there will be more snow. ;)

Cougarg said...

Oops, I didn't notice my brother was signed in and not me. It still would have been fun to have you!