Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Daily Obedience

So, staying on target with my resolutions hasn't been easy. One thing or another inspires me for a day or two, and then I start slipping back into old habits. I spoke with my bishop the other day, and he said we had to decide to do what was right every single day, no matter what. That seems daunting, but I think it is possible, it has to be. So I was wondering what you, my intrepid readers, had to say about staying on task. When things are difficult, what do you tell yourself to hold on for a little more?

2 comments:

alison said...

Yep, being consistent--especially when I'm trying to improve--is hard. I have a list of things I decided needed to be done every single day, and while it's not quite daunting at the beginning of the day while my kids are asleep, it gets hard rather quickly when they wake up. But, yes, I need to decide to do those things every day. And I know I'm happier when I do and our home is more peaceful. Making sure all moments of my day are well spent is the ONLY way to do everything on my list. (Um, most days not quite everything on my list gets done...) I think it's a little different for me because my life is slightly different :) but the essence is the same.

Christy said...

I am a big fan of checklists. And reward incentives. :) Good luck!