Monday, October 6, 2008

High School

So the girl situation was feeling a bit like high school. Now it turns out that S actually just graduated from high school in the spring. When she started coming to the ward, I thought she had just moved in. I also thought she was at least 25. She doesn't act like an 18 year old, and she looks more mature than her years. But she is in fact 18. That's just two years older than my kid brother. Now I feel...I don't know what I feel actually. I think she is still cool, but it's different.

In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indy says, "It's not the years, it's the mileage." I am not as concerned about ages, but I am concerned about experiences. I mean, I know folks that got married despite a 10 year age difference. But, I think it is important that people have an appreciation for each other's experiences.

Something for me to chew on for a bit.

2 comments:

Tim said...

When I first saw April, I thought she was younger. Not 18, but...
I still asked her out.
It turns out that she's less than a year younger than me. People are surprised when they find out how old she is.
How's it working out with the other girl? Any more updates?
Sounds like you're enjoying life despite the last surprising discovery.

Joella said...

Wow! That sure made things interesting! Keep us posted!