Monday, March 9, 2009

Next Time I'll Read the Fine Print

Hi! Some of you may have wondered what I have been up to the last month and a half.  You'll have to keep wondering, as this post will not attempt to address that issue.  But at least you know that I am, in fact, still alive.

I was visiting Into the Woods... and jumped at the chance for a free handmade item from Wood. But I failed to read the rule that I needed to offer handmade items to receive a handmade item. Now I am obligated to make the same offer to the first five respondents to this post.  

The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me!

My choice. For you. This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:

1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
2. What I create will be just for you.
3. It’ll be done this year. {translation: you may be waiting a little while}
4. You have no clue what it’s going to be … it may be cards, a poem, a bookmark, something yummy or a complete surprise to you (and me!) … who knows? not you, that’s for sure!
5. I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
6. Most importantly, you must offer the same deal on your blog - the first 5 people to comment on your blog (or if you do not have a blog, facebook) get something made by YOU!

The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment telling me they did win a FAB-U-LOUS homemade gift by me …

So... buyers beware.  Nothing in this life is free.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Yeah, I made the same mistake...
And then I realized the fine print.
The contract isn't valid unless you actually post the same message on your own blog, so I'm not obligated to follow through (and I'm not entitled to a gift) unless I actually post it on my blog (even though I did make a comment on theirs...)
But, question...
If I post here and there, do I get two gifts for the price of one?

Cougarg said...

I wondered that as well. I don't know the answer.

Christine said...

That's how Wood is playing - he has signed up for three gifts - more bang for his buck so to speak. So I say go for it!

Christy said...

Me. Pick Me. This sounds fun!