Thursday, October 18, 2007

Interesting Development

So all summer long, I felt like I just wanted to come back to Utah. But the timing of things was somewhat off. I missed enrolling at UVSC by a few weeks, and ended up staying at home while looking for work and a place of my own. It was good to come back and see my friends here on the weekends. But I found myself in a bit of limbo. I had no intention of staying a home as long as I have, but the job search wasn't as productive as I had wanted. I found a company I would have liked to have worked for, but I wasn't what they were looking for apparently, because they never got back to me after I interviewed. I was going to start searching again in earnest, when something came out of left field. A week and a half ago, on sunday night my mom told me I had a call from a family friend we had from our time in Florida. Turns out she was calling in behalf of her son who had just been made a project manager out in New York. It seems things had not gone the way they were intended, and he wanted to bring in people he trusted. This is the same company I worked for in Tallahassee, FL a year and a half ago. They need me to be a navigator for their drive testing in New York City. The thing is that the timing with this company is always up in the air. You never know how long their projects are going to last. Or when they are going to start. My friend made it seem like he wanted me ASAP, but his boss has been more vague about when I needed to be out there. But once it starts it should run at least until Thanksgiving, if not the end of the year. The pay will be good, there should be overtime, as well as per diem which is not taxed. But that means missing Ben's wedding just like I missed Tim's this summer. Hopefully though I can see a set of east coasters before they migrate west for the winter. (BTW, when does the migration start? I'd hate to just miss the exodus.) I just wish they would give me a specific time to be out there.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Congrats!
Hope it starts soon and lasts a while.

Christine said...

Oooh, these east coasters start their migration October 27th....it sounds like we may be just missing each other. Yikes!!

Christine said...

And we won't be in UT until the wedding.