Saturday, October 27, 2007

Missed It...

...by that much.

Well, I'm not sure exactly how close the other car was, but it was pretty close. They finally had us go out and do some driving today, and I almost got in a wreck. It would have been my fault as well. We were trying to get from Staten Island to Long Island, and I saw a sign that I was wondering about when the girl in my car said, "Red...RED!" I slammed on my breaks, as did the car that had the right of way, and it was amazing that we did not collide. Miraculous even. I stopped right in front of them, and not even a tap on our fender. Oi vey!

And then we got stuck in Manhattan for an hour (Only an hour?) before extricating ourselves and getting back to Staten Island. Manhattan is definately a night drive location.

Got to see Wood, Woodine, and MaryP last night. The conditions were not ideal, but it was good to see them nonetheless.

Oh, and New Jersey does not smell that bad where we are, but down by the Goethals Bridge to Staten Island it reeks! Just nasty! It had been raining all day too and if anything it smelled worse. In other places the rain usually washes that kind of stuff away, but not in Jersey!

No comments: