Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New York, New York

A town so crazy they named it twice. More about that in a moment.

Got in to Buffalo Sunday night and the weather was way nice. Went to Niagra Falls that night and snapped a few pics. It was after dark, so the falls were all lit up. They say that the Canadian side is a better view, but the line up of cars to the Canadian side was ridiculous, not to mention the line to get back in to the US. Yesterday we took off for Albany. We decided to stop in Palmyra on our way. But before we made it to Palmyra we got word that we were not going to Albany after all, but that we needed to go directly to New York. That was good as we only had so much time to get to Albany, but none to get to New York. So we were able to take a little more time in Palmyra.

I had never been before so it was cool that we got to go. It was a perfect time to go. The weather was still warm and the leaves were changing. Greens, yellows, oranges, and reds. And it was that way all the way to New York.

We are actually staying in New Jersey as the hotels are much cheaper there. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays and the service was not very good. That's the word around here that the service is not great in these parts. Which makes no sense, don't people want tips?

Today we drove into the city to get our cars outfitted for testing here. That was crazy! I am glad we will be going at night because traffic is nuts. I was following behind everyone with no idea where I was supposed to end up. We went through the Lincoln Tunnel and when we popped out I lost track of the car in front of me and had 3 choices of which way to go. So I just crossed my fingers and took a route and miraculously ended up right behind the right car. We had to cross Manhattan and I was NOT letting anyone come between me and them. I became a New York driver for 20 minutes. And now we are just sitting around waiting for the cars to be done. It sounds like this is going to be an adventure here. More news later!

6 comments:

caron said...

Good job on the driving skills.

I have only seen Niagra from the Canadian side, it's pretty cool but I don't have the comparison. That was pre- I have to have a passport to go anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Where exactly are you staying in Jersey, like which city? I stayed in West New York in an area called Port Imperial, just right there by the Jersey end of the Lincoln tunnel.

Cougarg said...

Fairfield, it's probably 30 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I worked quite a bit in Clifton, Paterson, Nutley, and the surrounding environs. I did one job in Wayne, which was definitely the most beautiful part of the state I saw ... I don't think that's too far from you.

Cougarg said...

Pass by Wayne on the way back to the Hotel everyday. But I only see it in the dark, so I can't say anything about how pretty it is.