Thursday, May 8, 2008

Illustrator Final

I am still figuring out a way to post my work in the highest quality way. I tried uploading my work as .pdf files to a site I found called Scribd.com, but they wouldn't go. Maybe I was not patient enough. Anyway, I wanted to share my final project for my Illustrator Basics course that I just finished today. Just click on the picture to get a better view.


I had to incorporate myself into a comic character. I had a lot of fun working on this project, and all my others as well. This is a single frame from a fictional comic book. Dr. Glacier is the arch nemesis of Solar Flare, the main character of the comic. The design kind of came together as I went. I had taken some goofy pictures of myself with my computer and decided to use this one:


It's not terribly flattering, but oh well, Dr. Glacier was born from that look, so it's all good, right? Maybe that's bad, though. I'm not exactly sure what that Cold Formula will do...

4 comments:

alison said...

I like it! I don't really know anything about what you're doing, but I like your picture and how you used it with your character. He actually looks like you (in that picture)! good job! I'm glad you're enjoying your classes!

Christine said...

I must say, wow! I wouldn't have the first clue how to even begin something like that - it looks really good. I like the picture of choice. :)

Anonymous said...

The finished product looks great. I like the sound of "Dr. Glacier" and "Solar Flare" ... coming up with the right names would be a chore in and of itself.

Cougarg said...

Believe me, choosing the names was hard. For Dr. Glacier, what it came down to was finding a font that looked right, and the name came later. I wasn't sure if he was an A-list or B-list villain, but I then I thought of Unbreakable. I figured he should be the 'polar' opposite of the hero. (rimshot) So the hero had to have heat powers. I wanted them to be original characters, although there are similar characters out there. Solar Flare won't look like the Human Torch, or a similar DC character whose name I don't recall.

I have a few ideas for powers and back story for Solar Flare. I'll probably have a limited web series before I'm done with my program. LOL.