Sunday, September 7, 2008

High Anxiety

I nearly had an anxiety attack yesterday. And I had my date. My bout of anxiety had to do with BYU's narrow victory over U-Dub 28-27. The officiators' strict adherence to the rule book after Jake Locker scored the final touchdown and threw the ball up in the air pushed the PAT back 15 yards. Who knows if this would have happened at the normal position, but the kick was low and Jan Jorgensen got far enough through the line to get his hand on the ball to preserve the lead and the victory. Man, oh man was that close! Though it shouldn't have been. Again, BYU's own mistakes almost proved to be their undoing. Collie dropped a bunch of passes that he should have caught, Unga fumbled into the endzone at the end of a 97 yard drive, and Hall was intercepted on an underthrown pass. But they still won. On the road, against a PAC-10 team. That's nothing to sneeze at!

My date went well. We had a regional Stake conference broadcast today, so last night we had the adult session with our stake presidency. That meant the date started later than is customary. So I made dinner and brought it over to her place. I made Lasagna and ceasar salad. After that, we watched The Italian Job, the original with Michael Caine, not the new one with Mark Wahlberg. After the movie we had homemade ricotta gelato (italian ice cream) with blackberry sauce. All of the food turned out very good. We were undecided on the movie, I think we both liked the remake better.

We talked before, during, and after the meal and movie. It was interesting how much we have in common, it was almost cliche, although I didn't play it like the cliche: "You like that? Omigosh! ME TOO!" It was nice though. Like I said before, we have an understanding and appreciation for our different life paths we've taken. It was just really comfortable, like I could be more myself. I think there is certainly potential there. A second date is on the horizon for sure.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE the original Italian Job! Me and Matt both thought that it was an okay movie until the end... what was that about! Anyway, We're glad that your date went well. I never knew that you were a cook...

Cougarg said...

Yes, the ending was kind of ridiculous.

My cooking was in its infancy back when Matt was staying with us in Provo. I don't usually follow recipes when I am in a hurry, but the gelato and blackberry sauce definitely needed care so I tried to follow the recipe as much as I could.

Brentwell said...

Sounds like an awesome date you had. Way to go making it happen!

On the BYU game, sure football nation is complaining the call cost the Huskies the game. But seriously what is a 35-yard field goal to a good D-I football team? That should be almost automatic. BYU just blocked the PAT and won the game. Easy as that.

Amber said...

Lasagna and blackberry topping for icecream, huh? Sounds kinda familiar!