Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Resurrection

This post was begun before the strike of Christmas Eve, I swear!

Yesterday, I spent the day participating in the funeral services of my mother's business partner.  I know that he had health problems that severely limited his way of life and capacity for certain kinds of work near the end of his life.  Which it sounds like was really hard for him, since he was such a hard worker.

The services were good.  His best friend growing up spoke, as did a friend that he mentored for several years.   A recurring theme of the services and in conversations throughout the day was about the work he would be able to accomplish on the other side.  And then the work he would be able to do upon the resurrection.  No more physical limitations, infinite capacity for activity.  No more health problems.

I am grateful for my relative health, but I know that eventually something will start to go wrong.  How reassuring it is to know that a time will come for perfection.  That illness and ailment will fall away.

No comments: