Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gee Whiz

Yeah, I'm breaking my anonymity vow. But I just got this in the mail, and I had to show you a little of how awesome my Amber is! 

I've never thought much about thank you cards, but this is the second I've received in the last week or so. I didn't think either of them were necessary, but both felt good to get!

I've felt like I gave and gave to other girls that I've dated. Not that I ever expected equal returns, but some kind of return to let me know that what I gave was appreciated would have been nice. This little note that took 5 minutes to send gets a lot of traction in my book.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Looks like you have a catch.
A thank you email from April a week or two after our first date was not only welcomed, but made me realize she was actually interested, and eventually led to me asking her out again.
Looks like things are going especially well for you.
I hope to be able to meet this woman in a couple of months.

Jay said...

Saying thanks is a really big deal in all kinds of relationships. A short email is my usual methodology for expressing gratitude, but it has made a noticeable difference at work and in my interactions in the ward Sunday School.

Jay said...

Oh, and Tim, having met Amber, I'll confirm that she is a catch.