Friday, April 17, 2009

Getting Specific

It snowed here in Utah on April 15th. Let me say it again, it is halfway to May, and it snowed. I and a lot of other people want to know why! But I have a guess, and I'll share it with you.

My brother jokingly asked if I had ordered all the snow. I told him that yes, I had placed a requisition order, but the thing was, I only specified moisture. And I forgot to put a delivery date on the form as well. The shipping guys at Mother Nature, Inc. get that vague order a lot. I think they know what kind of 'moisture' to send at given times of the year, but they do like to have a good time at our expense. I think we all need to get a little more specific with our moisture orders. In the winter, place orders for snow, and the rest of the year order rain. Heaven knows we need the dampness in this dry place.

2 comments:

TPlayer said...

This actually happens here more often than we like to remember. I opened my mission call on April 12, 2001 during a blizzard. (I remember because I nearly biffed it on all the falling sludge as I was running across the parking lot from the mailbox back to my apartment)

Cougarg said...

You are right, I remember driving back to Florida with my mom at the end of our freshman year. We were worried we would have to stop in the mountains because of all the snow. Still, I think once March 21 hits we need to pray for rain rather than moisture.