Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Riding in Car[s] with... Myself

Since I be came the sole owner of my '93 Honda Accord at approximately 4:30pm today, I haven't had the chance to have anyone else in MY car. My dad gave me a car a few years ago, but it was still legally his car. I thought of it as my car, but it was still his. This is MY car and it feels good. Granted there are all the responsibilities that come with it, but that doesn't change the fact that I like it. And it looks nice. I like it better than my old car. It sits higher which is nice, it has a peppy little engine, plenty of room, and it has power everything! Or at least power everything for a '93. The seats aren't powered, but that's about it. I'm going to have to work to keep the interior as nice as it is now. The good news is that alot of the dark smudges I noticed on the exterior will wash off. And I really enjoy the feeling of independence it gives me. I can come and go as I please, which sets my mind at ease in social situations. It allows me to relax knowing that if I want to I can go at any moment, and in relaxing I am more likely to stay. And I don't have to take 'my ride' into consideration. "I'd love to stay and talk, but it looks like my ride is leaving, sorry." It's a real good feeling.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a braggart! How do you think this makes underprivileged pedestrians feel? ;)

Anonymous said...

That last comment was mine, by the way.

Cougarg said...

Are you saying you want a ride?

Anonymous said...

... Yes. Maybe. Maybe I should just ask you directly next time.

Paul said...

Heh. The woefulgal and I just bought a new to us used car. It was my first experience with getting "financed". I was kind of stressed and freaked out by the whole thing.

That being said, I think we feel the same about our 'new' car as you do about yours.

Congratulations!