Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I Am Seventeen Going On Sixteen...

do do di do di dooo...

Seventeen days and counting. I have seventeen days until my indentured servitude expires, and I become a free man once again. Well, actually my term is being measured by two sets of numbers, days and installs. I am so close to hitting 140 that I have decided to stay my full term or hit 145 installs, whatever comes second. I need to hit 140 for the next tier on the payscale. But I want to get a few more just to insure that I will get it. It could be possible that a few of my installs don't actually qualify, so instead of having 140 I end up with 137 or so and that would be a difference of approximately $2k. Thankfully, it's starting to look like I won't actually have to stay on for a few extra days to hit my goal. I have 15 workdays to get 24 more installs. If I can get three installs every two days I will be just under my goal. If I get 2 a day that'll put me comfortably at 150 or so. My renewed optimism is due to the fact that there are only 3 technicians left, and I have been scheduled out for two installs yesterday and today, which I hope will continue.

I would be very displeased if this job kept me from attending the BYU vs AZ game in Provo on September 1. I am eager to see BYU reload rather than rebuild for a change after a stellar season. In 1997, the year after BYU won more games in a season than any other team before or since ('96 record was 14-1), they went 6-5. In 2002, after going 12-2 n '01, they went 5-7. I would be thrilled to witness back-to-back double digit win seasons for the first time since '89-'90.

I would also really like to see all my friends back in Utah. It's been way too long. Though several have also spent the summer away, I can't wait to reconnect in a more personal way than just reading your blogs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on reaching your goal. My wish is that you can be richer beyond your wildest dreams :)

In any case, it's nice near the end to have something specific to work towards. Keep those sales folks motivated too!

caron said...

Hooray! I love having goals that are reachable! You can do it, go fight win, rah rah rah... I'm trying to think of other motivational things I can say, but cheerleader cheers are the only thing I'm coming up with. If I thought that the Bingham fight song would have any effect, I would try that one. :)

Cougarg said...

I've hung around you guys so much for so long it almost feels like I went to Bingham. Almost.

But I can't remember the fight song for my actual high school, Lake Mary, so who knows?

Tim said...

You should start doing a daily countdown on your blog...
Almost done!

Christine said...

Will you be in UT in November? That's when we'll be passing through.

Hang in there and good luck!

Cougarg said...

As far as I know I will be in UT in November. I look forward to seeing you guys, and your new little sappling, MaryP.

I'm not sure how to do one of those countdown timers on my blog, but I'll try to keep up with posts.