Monday, September 10, 2007

Done... Well Not Just Yet

I have completed my final installation! It is great. But I can't leave just yet. I felt I needed to get my car checked out before taking off. It's a good thing I did, because I might have gotten majorly stuck in the mountains if I hadn't. The passenger front tire was just about to burst when I took it in. They showed me where this nasty bulge was on the inside wall of the tire. It wouldn't have just gone flat, it would have blown out. Part of my axle needs to be replaced as well. If I had taken it in earlier, I might have been able to get it taken care of, but they couldn't get the part until tomorrow morning. I should also get the seals replaced on the transmission and have my suspension looked at, but that is not as dire a need as the other repairs. But it leaves a empty feeling in my gut knowing that so much money is being spent on my car, something I have already paid for. Oh well, better safe than sorry, and better here than out in the boondocks where I would be at the mercy of some remote mechanic.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Congrats!
Hope you have a safe and uneventful trip back (sounds boring, but usually a boring long drive is better than an exciting one...)