Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Slow Days

It looks like I am staying in Denver even longer than I thought. I needed to come back to get a few more installs to reach my level. I thought it would happen pretty fast once I got back, like I would be packing up and heading out today. But I have spent the last two days waiting for an install to come up and nothing. My install today is not 'til 5pm, and that only because I talked to someone in Scheduling and had them take it from someone else and give it to me. I don't feel bad about this as he will be staying all of September, and the sooner I can leave, the less competition he'll have for his own installs. I just don't know how long it will take for me to get the number of installs I want. But if Northstar continues to pay me a weekly salary, I guess I can live with that.

The biggest thing is that I'll probably have to be here over the weekend again, ugh.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I'm sorry you're stuck in CO. I guess it is nice that they pay you weekly though. I hope you escape soon.

Cougarg said...

It's not CO, per se, it's just being where I don't know anybody. And that reason, more than anything else is why I've got to get out of here. It's like what you mentioned about teaching english abroad. While alot of the experience is valuable, it is potentially destructive in other ways. My life is totally off-balance.

caron said...

potentially destructive-- I like it. :) It reminds me of when I lived in Driggs. It was such a lovely town, if only I had someone to share it with it would have been far more enjoyable. I found myself in a place people pay big money to live, and all I wanted to do was go somewhere else. At least I had the milk cows...

Tim said...

Know what it's like.
Most places I've been I've known at least a couple of people--a couple of uncles, or my wife :)
Those ten weeks in Europe, though, got tough at times, the mission was tough, and in other places I still miss old friends.
I don't know what to tell you, except maybe to use this time to plan for coming back to Utah (where you'll work, go to school, etc.)
Good luck!